•  

Search Our Forum

• Search:

Welcome Guest

Join in, share your ideas and have your questions answered. Discuss anything to do with your home. You can even buy and sell second-hand or used furniture. To post a message or reply, all you need to do is join our community. If you already have an account, sign in now.
    • CommentAuthorjenny2006
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2006
    hi can anyone give me any feed back on cost plus sofas they have a new store in limerick it opened this weekend and they seem to have a good sale on at the mo.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Moyles
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2006 edited

I have being in their stores in Dublin and Galway. I have to say that they do have a nice selection of sofas available. It is easy to find the buildings as they are Big Red warehouse types. In Dublin they are on the Long mile road In Galway they are in the Liosbaun industrial estate.

I would regard them as a good competitor to Land of Leather. They had some very attractive offers advertised, I am not sure if the prices advertised meant (as part of a package) i.e. €199 sofa is great value I was not clear if this was based on buying the full set. In general I found the offering to be quite good, the store was in a warehouse format but presented well.

Thanks,

Richard

www.furniture.ie

• CommentAuthorpaddyd
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2006
    I would say avoid them, if their Dublin outlet is anything to go by. I was told my sofas would arrive within 8-10 weeks, but after 22 (!!) weeks of waiting, I cancelled my order as it was just ridiculous. Now I am waiting for 2 weeks for my refund cheque, with the management unwilling to take my calls or return calls to me. The whole place is very unprofessional. Avoid.
    • CommentAuthorsmoking
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2006 edited

Hi guys,

I used to work for cost plus sofas,and if u get lucky you will get your sofa on time. But when it goes wrong the managment dont want to know, they tell staff to make up all sorts of lies to customers about sofas arriving that never arrive and I know what paddyd is going through because you can never get in touch with Liam (the manager) to organise a refund. On another bad note almost all of their stock is chinese imports,ok this means good price but bad quality pieces(and customers are sometimes lied to about country of origin).Just saw this site and said Id add my piece.

Good Luck

• CommentAuthorwicks
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2006
    hey, I just thought i'd add to the cost plus sofa chat and tell my experience, I bought a sofa with them and a week later it had broken on me. When i rang them the said they'd ring me back and they didnt so I just keep pestering until I got the manager who tried to argue that I wasnt entitled to a refund!!!! I knew my rights and asked to speak to the overall boss and then I got a msg from them telling me they would organise my refund in a week, so fingers crossed that i will get it!!!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthormarkspencer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2006 edited
    they are totally untrustworthy !
    • CommentAuthorsarahpete
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2006
    Just a quick note to say I purchased a sofa from the Limerick Branch and dealt with a salesman there, I think he was called John, I got it on finance which was a great help and he was very quick to process my order. I have to say out of all the shops I've visited they are one of the most helpful. I was even given advise regards colours for the wall, lamps and tables. I would have to give them 10/10 .Go and see for yourself and make your own mind up :lol: Ps my sofa was delivered last week eariler than I expected..
    • CommentAuthortomdunne1
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2006
    i suspect that sarahpete might be an employee of cost plus, bit too much info. a friend of mine has had a nightmare dealing with this company, they are just interested in getting your money & not so interested in getting your sofa. they were still waiting on thier sofa 4 months later. when they looked for their refund they were informed that it would take 14 days for it to be issued??? is that even legal??? apparently they have to be issued by the head office in London, England. strange that they mascarade as an Irish Company??? this company is a disgrace & they should be ashamed of themselves!!! STAY AWAY
    • CommentAuthorsidnee33
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2006
    hi just to add about cost plus sofa they are a disgrace, And I will be informaning primetime and tv3 news about the lies they feed you. Ive been waitng nearly two months for a sofa. which was suppose to be here last week. The customer service line is a mobile. they lied constantly about the dates, They dont answer the phones when you do ring.they fiannaly rang tuesday to say my sofa would be here thursday. then they ring to say it wasnt here yet. then they ring this morning to say they will be delivering in an hour or so. then they ring to say they havent got the sofa orderd they have a black one instead. Its 3 0 clock and im still waitng wh doyou complain to. A huge disgrace this company is. I am sticking with Argos they are reliable
    • CommentAuthortomdunne1
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2007
    HI I JUST DISCOVERED THAT 'COST PLUS SOFAS' ARE NOT ONLY AS FAR FROM IRISH AS YOU COULD GET BUT THEY ARE ACTUALLY THE INFAMOUS 'COURTS' COMPANY COURTS WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR A LOT IF PEOPLE LOSING A LOT OF MONEY, COURTS WENT BUST APPARENTLY. MAYBE SOMETHING COULD BE DONE ABOUT THESE PEOPLE, IS IT EVEN LEGAL??
    • CommentAuthormandac
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2007
    I did not know that Cost Plus Sofas were related to Courts? Having said that, having visited a cost plus sofas store on long mile, I can certainly see the similarities. I worked in Courts about 10 years ago when it opened up first. I can confirm that Courts did not go "bust". I would just be careful about these type of comments on a site like this, as I would not be sure as to what legal issues it opens up for the modertors of this site.
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2007
    I don't know anything about the company, nor if they are related. Generally any company should have company information freely available on the office material such as order dockets - invoices and quotations. Same goes for websites - all information should be freely available and displayed.
    • CommentAuthorsmoking
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2007 edited

Hi all,

I had to come back on when I saw all of this going on. Cost plus sofas are basically courts, its all the same people who owned courts.  A couple of Jewish business men from London so if that sounds Irish to you!!!!!! From what I hear Liam is no longer with the company, he was the only Irish person on the board.

• CommentTimeFeb 1st 2007 edited

Please be advised that you cannot name names and make allegations without proof, we will check into this matter and modify posts accordingly.

Thanks,

Richard Moyles

• CommentAuthorsmoking
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2007
    Sorry about that, there is absolutely no offence meant by the comments I made.
    • CommentAuthorfunkymonkey149
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2007
    Hello to one and to all, I have only dealt with them in different manners. As a fellow professionla and in an area they relie on. 99.99% of the sellers promise you the world without knowing the facts, also almost if not all there furniture come directly from CHINA (fact). In China you can sell "dodgey" goods once the buyer knows, so Cost Plus know they are not good, merchantable goods, but YOU the buyer think the are. and will take the goods for a cheaper price. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM....
    • CommentAuthorhels
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2007 edited

hi everyone

Just to add to this post, Do not and I repeat Do Not buy from this company!! The furniture takes 12 weeks to deliver at first which is way longer than everywhere else. I was only told that my sofa was going to be late after I phoned to confirm delivery. After a very rude conversation with a staff member I was told my sofa would be here in 2 weeks. Again today I rang to confirm delivery, this is 15 weeks after purchasing the couch, and was told it would be ANOTHER 6 weeks! This company is a disaster, no customer service, no tracking available on shipments, rude staff and a manager who wont even talk to you. 4 and a half months for a sofa?? This is all in relation to the Limerick store, but unless they have dramaticaly different staff training and systems in other stores then Id say they are all the same.

• CommentAuthorjennied1978
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2007
    :( i picked a sofa in January and placed a deposit on the understanding that our sofa would be delivered in 12 weeks. 21 weeks later, suprise suprise no sofa. seemingly in march our sofa came in, in the wrong colour but we got no phone call to even ask us did we want this colour instead. so 5 weeks later we received a temporary sofa as our's will be another "FEW WEEKS". we also got asked if we would like a different sofa with the same demensions to the one we picked for the price of our one.. we said yes as at this stage anything would be better than nothing. so they delivered this sofa which turned out to be 6 inches bigger than the one we originally picked. how upsetting... and they new this was bigger but still insisted on sending it to us. anyways, now were getting told it wont be in till 18th August, another 4 weeks or so, then customs have to hold onto it for another 4 - 6 weeks, bringing our waiting time up to end of sept early octobert. this delay is seemingly down to the lack of containers small business's can buy. ive never heard such nonsense. we are now seeking to get a full refund and go else where. i wouldnt buy anything from this crowd. they have made so many mistakes, staff, managers. but no one is to blame, and nothing is there fault!!!! BAD BAD SERVICE!!!
    • CommentAuthormagdee
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2007 edited

I ordered from them an armchair. an absolute miracle among armchairs. recliner, soft, cozy and what not. i was told it woul come within 12-14 weeks. after this date i was ringing them every week and they would change the dates everytime, claiming it was held up before Dublin port and there was nothing they could do. I got upset so much I took my boyfriend, armed myself with the most threatning look on my face and asked them in person when my armchair would come. They said again that it was delayed with all other containers and I mentioned that I read (didn't say where) that this happens a lot in this shop. They looked a bit puzzled, but kept smiling (I mean, well done on recruitment, these guys have it tough sometimes I bet). I asked to be notified of every further change to the date that the recliner would be available. They did ring me back at some stage to say they had definite date and I asked them if i could have a free delivery for the waiting, and they agreed. when the chair was there I rang them and i was told that once i pay i could have next day delivery, but i paid on thursday and the first day they would deliver was Monday. I asked to be the last on the list so I could come back home from work, but they had my number, since I only work 10 minutes from home i could pop out of work to accept the delivery earlier. Not only they didn't deliver on that day... they didn't call me even, so I ended up waiting for them for 3.5 hours. They didn't know the number for drivers and the landline stopped answering at 6pm. I rang on Tuesday morning, tlaking to the driver first, then warehouse manager and then the store manager, claiming that the drivers were coverin gfor the drivers on holidays and that the store was not aware they didn't ring customers. anyway I got it delivered around 7-8pm on Tuesday. The chair is an absolute miracle, everything i could hope for, really. Shame I had to go through so much stress buying it, it did take the good out of it a bit.

• CommentAuthorsarahpq
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008

I always wonder about comments like this on a website. Its common knowledge that people with issues and gripes about products or services seek out the nearest lifeline they can to air their issues.

These comments could be seen as Slander when reffering to a company no longer in operation. If they are still in operation under a different registered name, then either they have learned something along the way or then "buyer beware" as the sales of goods and services act of 1978 states.

It is not as common for people to seek out an arena whereby they can pat the company on the back and say well done. One of the only websites were people attempt to make positive comments in http://www.tripadvisor.com for travel.

Im sure the same comments could be found upon searches for Reid furniture or Land of Leather. Land of Leather attempt to counteract this problem by buying in container loads of cheap leather suites, usually ends as they always are 3+2 as opposed to the normal 3+1+1 normally people buy. By buying in container loads, this means they are very quick off the mark. However, the good Italian stuff in the shop is order only and the cheap one on offer is usually Korean or Chinese.

Dont be fooled by great offers and too cheap to believe. Check the price, its low for a reason. It can be end of line, it can be made in China, it can be imitation leather, it can be like Land of Leather, cheap because of the rebate they receive from the finance company on the sales of such high interest rate finance deals.

Did you know that Land of Leathers finance offer is 24.99% APR?

Just to conclude, I have never worked for any furniture store in my life but have an interview with Cost Plus Sofas in Limerick as an assistant manger. Yes, I feel slightly wary and will do some homework about the company first, but ,hell, If I dont like the company I will just leave.

Everything gets delayed. Your taxi is never on time, the bus is always late. The waiter never brings your food when you want. The car you ordered in the dealership is NEVER on time. When the label says cook the chicken for 25 minutes. It always needs more time.

It sounds like a challenge but not impossible. Listen, understand, respond.

• CommentAuthormaherman
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008 edited

We ordered a suite of furniture off this lot in the january sales (6/1/08) and we were told we would be 4/6 weeks waiting which was ok as we were only moving into the new house in early feburary, our original delivery date was the 22nd of feb, this date came and went i had been in phone contact with them weekly after that i was told they are in dock and just waiting customs clearence this went on for 3 straight weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally lost patience and went back and got my money back, they tried to tell me the refund has to come from london complete bull**** as when i was there the manager was on the way to the bank to lodge money!!!!!!!!!! We have since found out that when they tell you 4-6 weeks delivery it is in fact 14-15 weeks sometimes longer as there main stock goes to england and they over order and the manufacturers cannot keep up with demand........STAY AWAY FROM THEM 

• CommentAuthorsavlon
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008

This is a repeat of everything that's above. I ordered from the Dublin store, bought one of the most expensive suites of furniture at the end of Dec and am still waiting mid Apr. Twelve weeks is a distant memory. Can't believe I didn't look them up before ordering. Just saw a sofa I liked and ordered it. I thought it would be like any other shop I dealt with. Being so late is not "normal" as was said above. If you respect your clients you do the best for them, and you definitely don't lie. They've lied to me which i've only just coped, said it would be arriving a few weeks ago, and when i rang to check why they still hadn't contacted me they said they'd ring and check the status and ring me back, which they didn't. If I don't get it in the next few days I'm getting my money back and buying from someone else. No way I would recomend them on.

• CommentAuthormwah
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008

maherman:

We ordered a suite of furniture off this lot in the january sales (6/1/08) and we were told we would be 4/6 weeks waiting which was ok as we were only moving into the new house in early feburary, our original delivery date was the 22nd of feb, this date came and went i had been in phone contact with them weekly after that i was told they are in dock and just waiting customs clearence this went on for 3 straight weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally lost patience and went back and got my money back, they tried to tell me the refund has to come from london complete bull**** as when i was there the manager was on the way to the bank to lodge money!!!!!!!!!! We have since found out that when they tell you 4-6 weeks delivery it is in fact 14-15 weeks sometimes longer as there main stock goes to england and they over order and the manufacturers cannot keep up with demand........STAY AWAY FROM THEM 

Just like to comment on this : in knowing the company well as a past employee the sales staff are giving the delivery dates in goog faith & from time to time there are delays on shippings which are completely out of the companys hands. If the sales person is telling you 4 to 6 weeks thats what he or she is reading from the shipping dates available to them on the computer....... The refunds do indeed come from the uk & the manager can not take money out the daily banking to refund money as this is not practiced in any business that i know of  the manager can indeed give a refund by credit/debit card if purchased at the time by one .....yes of course most supermarkets etc will give cash refunds as this is a different type of retail. Ipersonally had to wait for a refund from a tile shop by post . The stock does not stoc in England 1st it is shipped directly in to dublin port from the suppliers from Turkey,Italy,Cyprus,China etc

This was infact bad management from this store & the manager should be held responsable for the bad management & lack of customer service to you..

• CommentAuthorhexim
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008 edited

Some general pointers which I'm sure are on the web site somewhere. These are some tips and tricks I have picked up over the last 15 years working in the retail sector.

• Firstly NEVER get irrate, cry, shout, ball or become abusive. The person you are talking to is no doubt just an employee of the company and all you are doing is hurting your own position. You will get much further by being nice and polite.
    • ALWAYS get EVERYTHING in WRITING. If the what you get in writing is diffrent from what you have been told fall back on the written document.
    • Delivery times are at best pure speculation and at worst complete lies. Double any estimate given but begin to chase it regually once the agreed date has past. A good tactic is to try and get any delivery charge refunded.
    • Inspect the goods once they have arrived. Ensure you write UNCHECKED on any document you sign and make detailed notes of any errors or damage. If possible keep a copy.
    • Don't be afriad to use the small claims court! Believe me most business will simply cave as soon as they get a summons. http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/0/C9A6DFDC008962218025721B00553F3B?OpenDocument 
    • ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BUY ON CREDIT! Use interest free or a credit card. The amount of extra protection you get with consumer credit is well worth it.
    • Lastly always KNOW you rights... That is go and look them up. The business you are dealing with will also have rights. People who stand there and argue "I know my rights" when they are simply trying to return something they didn't like make it more difficult for people with actual complaints.

Just my 2 pence. As a not particually pleased customer of Cost Plus Sofas. However they are far from the worst I have dealt with or in fact worked for!

• CommentAuthorkinsy
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2008

Ordered beds from Cost Plus Sofas in Limerick on the second week of August last. Given delivery time of 4 weeks. Told yesterday by a very unhelpful staff member that the bed will be in a container due to port next week. Couldn't tell me when they would reach the warehouse in Dublin said it depends on when the container is emptied. I have never experienced such poor customer service i have had to call to them and phone them to get updates. Have been promised call backs which never materialised. Soooo sorry I didn't check out this site before I bought from them.

• CommentAuthorsusans
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

Hi i had a nightmare experience.  Received a secondhand and damaged suite in October 2008, took till July 2009 to get refund.  Had to go to small claims court and even then they would not pay.  Kept trying to threaten me and scam me. AVOID at all costs.

• CommentAuthoriratecustomer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009

I'm nearly crying! Bought sofa from Cost Plus in Limerick in January. It started to sag 3 weeks later.Since then it has been a total nightmare. Refusing to give refund, despite the fact that we no longer even have their couch. Have reported them to National Consumer Agency. Please, can everyone else also do the same so that this company can be sorted out by the right agencies. Think we'll also end up in small claims court. Very upsetting. How do they get away with this crap? We will be protesting at the store if don't get refund. Any tips from those who have managed to secure a refund?

• CommentAuthorchez
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009

hi wish i had found this before feb 2008 when i bought a pair (3+2) of sofas from the shop in naas which started to fall to bits with in weeks of arriving after weeks of phone calls and a number of visits to the shop i was told i would get credit for it if the shop got credit from the suppliers to which i answered it didnt matter me if the shop got credit or not my contract was with the shop not the supplier after mths of we will send some body to look at it finally in sept i ordered a new 3+2 and put another few hundred euro to thinking i would get better quality which arrived about this time last yr a couple of weeks ago i hovered screws up from the sitting room floor so had a good look for where they came from they were from the recliner and the seats are starting to come apart at the seams so i called them last week and was told they would call me back suprize suprize they didnt i called again this week to be told sorry your warrenty is up i am not happy at all when i spend 1598 euro on a  pair of sofas i expect to get more than a year out of them anyone got any advice

• CommentAuthormono42
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

keep as far away from this crowed as possable no good liers

• CommentAuthordasher
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009

I also are having trouble with cost price sofasin naas after the first one fell apart within a few weeks it was replaced with a lot of hassle i may add  and received and even shoddier one which fell apart even quicker i am still been fed a pack of lies i am getting no satisfaction i just want a refund to buy a proper sofa that wont fall apart also an observation i have made the ones you are shown in show room are not the ones you receive i am fed up any ideas what i can do as ringing tem calling into store to be lied to is not working

• CommentAuthorkarenmlavelle
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009

STAY well clear of this company..ive just gotten off the phone im hoping someone can help me..i ordered a bed and like the rest of the customers it was taking for ever so i cancelled the order...they got back to me there saying i wasnt entitled to a refund...HELP!!!! i phoned consumer rights they said i am..anyone got any advice??

• CommentAuthorbargainman
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009

hi all , just found this site and been reading about cost + sofas and its all true , I know , I deliver for them.

people beware, most of the suites are very cheap and poor quality (u get what u pay for ! )

• CommentAuthorannoyedconsumer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010

waiting 17 weeks on sofa (supposed to be max 16) and they said its gonna be a further 2 weeks.

as well as that the guy on the other end of the phone was a smartass when i rang up to complain......

• CommentAuthorfole
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010

I would say avoid them also. I was told that I was getting discount if I bought my sofas, table and mat together, turns out it was just a regular price. Foolishly I paid upfront even though my house was not ready for a few months as it was the last suite. I was not told that I could not get a refund even prior to delivery. Two weeks later I had a call from delivery guys who were at the door with the suite - note we had not told them to deliver and the house was under going renovations. They simply wanted the space in their warehouse as they had already got my cash. When I changed my mind about the table the manager was really rude, I then  bought a single mattress with the credit note which was delivered with no wrapping. Again the manager was rude querying why we refused it. Staff do not return calls, they are a joke and completely unprofessional - avoid like the plague!!!!

• CommentAuthorfole
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010

This was the Waterford branch!

• CommentAuthorxeno warrior
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010

An Aunt of mine went into the Waterford branch, saw a sofa she liked, had the money, paid for the sofa, and was then told it was not in stock. She was told that they would make a delivery charge of 79.00 Euros, now this charge was for them to have the sofa delivered from their Dublin branch to the Wexford store, as my Aunt could pick the sofa up herself, obviously she was not happy, why should she have to pay for them to get it from one branch to another ? She did not need the sofa delivering to her home address. She complained, so they dropped 59.00 Euros from the charge, making it 20.00 Euros instead. Does anyone else think this is strange ? I personally would never in a million years pay for something, then pay a further charge, for a company to move an item within their own company. I called the Wexford store today (08/09/10) and spoke to the manager, who was not interested in anything I had to say, so this leaves me with a bad opinion of this company. Also just because you are getting a bargain, that does not mean that you have to be treated any differently than any other customer, in any store. I would suggest giving this company a wide berth, and looking elsewhere. Your money is your money, and if if a company cannot deliver an acceptable level of business, then avoid them. I won't shop at Cost Plus Sofa's and I will spread the word.

• CommentAuthormissfunky
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010

Avoid, avoid, avoid!  I bought sofas from them including a coffee table and end table.  I paid the delivery guys €75 to deliver the lot, the sofas did not fit in through the door.  The delivery man conveniently had a number handy for another guy who could dismantle the furniture, bring it into the house and then re-do it for a fee of €80.  As I had no choice, I paid both the €75 and €80.  A few days later, I tried to put together the end table but found the top panel (where the glass sits) was missing.  I have been trying, without success, to get Cost Plus to furnish me with this panel so that I can finish putting together the end table.  I went to Cost Plus on the Long Mile Road last weekend, they gave me a panel, but it was the wrong one!  I went back there on the same day but was told the warehouse had closed and they reassured me that they would deliver a new end table on Monday.  Its Tuesday today and I got another call from a guy telling me they will look around in their various shops for a panel and IF they find one, they will then furnish me with same.  I cant help but feel I will be waiting a long time to get either a replacement end table or the panel!!!!!  I would not recommend anyone to use this crowd.

• CommentAuthorted74
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010

purchased a sofa there a year ago. the new elite... quality for 999 is not great. watch out for the so called insurance that will only let you make one claim on it.. they will then say if  you make another claim the small print does not cover multiple stains etc.. and yes mine was delayed by an extra 2 months.. container never arrived....

• CommentAuthorfairplay
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010

Is there anyone else currently having trouble with this company?  I am having a nightmare and am furious over how I am being treated.  I was conned into buying something that was not what they said it was and now can not get a refund, even though I cancelled my order before I recieved anything, I cancelled the next working in fact as soon as I found out that what I had been told about the product was a pack of lies.  I can not get a refund even though I was decieved and I feel was tricked into buying something so they could offer me a credit note that ensures I spend in their store!!! Does this sound familiar to anyone??? hmmm............................ thought so.  So now I think its time for people to fight back.  I have contacted the RTE Consumer show about this company and would like to hear from people who are currently having issues like mine or people who have been shafted by this company before.  I think if we all join together and expose this company for what they really are,it  would save a lot of unsuspecting, innocent people the grief, heartache and loss of their hard earned cash that unfortunately seems to go hand in hand when dealing with this company and their highly unprofessional customer service. 

• CommentAuthorvilla1887
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010

its gas too see so many on here venting, i think every piece of furniture i ever ordered from any company has been delayed and late.  If im buying and cant get it on the day it never seems to work out.  Being is business myself and after reading the above comments i can understand delays happen, containers get behind, ships sink, planes crash etc. etc.

But i always get my stuff in the end.  No panic i dont start world war 3 or try to 'expose' companies im just not that sad.  I think its ridiculous the way the country is going people just dont get a chance anymore the mob wants blood.  GO after the bankers would be a better idea.

Anyway i see a tv add where cost plus are giving a tv if you buy furniture, can this be true??? has anyone bought this deal, if so whats the catch cause a 50' tv sounds a bit too good to be true? im a little taken aback after reading all the comments but i think it should be worth a chance, unles any1 else can enlighten me?

• CommentAuthorwestgalway
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2010

Stay away from them  - Be warned they are of really bad quality and it is not worth the savings as you will have to replace it very soon - I bought a sofa and the spings are already gone after 6 months and the coffee table veneer is already coming off the legs plus you have no comeback at all if you have any problems and just get ignored - worst buy ever

• CommentAuthorwestgalway
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2010

just to update - i was refering to COST PLUS SOFA - bad quality, bad service and no returns, refunds, exchange - nothing so when it falls apart you will just have to foot the bill

• CommentAuthorresignedtorecline
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2011

I bought a sofa from this so called "Irish" company and after it started to fail they sent out a repair engineer to "fluff the cushions". After the repair failed they replaced the unit. Now some 7 months on the replacement has started to fall apart. Their response "Sir thats normal wear and tear and we see the matter as closed".

After a quick chat with our solicitor we were told that a formal letter of compaint was the next step. So the letter is complete and we know the branch address but do any of you guys know the head office address for Ireland and England?

Your help would mean a lot.

Cheers.

• CommentAuthortalha_sadi
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011 edited

From many days I was looking this type of post on cost + sofas and now today I have got it.
    I am very amused to see the information of this post becasue I was seeking exactly these
      informationThanks a lot for sharing this effective information with us.

• CommentAuthorhotstace
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011

Avoid this company at all costs. I ordered a suite of furniture two end tables and a coffee table which I was waiting for 6 months for, I also ordered a tv unit which I am still waiting for almost a year now! I have been told by outside advice that the company are not paying their suppliers so they have none of the stock that people are ordering ie tables, units and such. Yet they still advertise these items for sale. No one can give me an answer as to when the tv unit will arrive and I am just so annoyed that I am complating going up to the store and demanding that they give me the one that they have in their store. ANYONE WATCHING THEIR GREAT AD CAMPAGINS AND THINKING ABOUT BUYING FROM THEM DONT!!!!!!!!! UNLESS YOU LIKE STRESS, UNHELPFUL STAFF AND LIES YOU ARE BETTER OFF STAYING CLEAR OF THEM. I have been telling anyone who will listen to stay away from them and will continue to do so. They are a shower of con artists

• CommentAuthorbris42
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2011

I wish I had read the above information before going in to buy a bed from Cost Plus Sofas.

I ordered my bed on the 30/04 2011. The bed arrived on the 22/07/2011 damaged.

I have spent the last month trying to negotiate with the company and to no avail.

The  people in the Head office in Dublin are rude and treat you like your the most insignificant individual in the world. I spent two weeks phoning them and asking them to take the bed away.

In the end I organised for the bed to be delivered back to the shop.

They have threatened to charge me rent to store the bed at their shop and have said if  I take them to court I will lose!!

I now have no bed and no money to purchase a bed.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying a bed from Cost Plus Sofas. Do not buy any furniture at cost plus sofas you have no comeback if it arrives damaged.

• CommentAuthortucker
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011

Hi.

Not 100% sure of Irish law but under british law if the goods are delivered damaged and you have refused the goods it is there responsability to either repair replace or refund you. the problem you have made now is by returning the goods they can now say that you damaged the goods on the journey back to them, so they can now refuse to accept the goods. hindsight is a great thing. if you had of billed them for storage for faulty goods. i would suggest telling them that under the sales of goods act you refused the bed because it was faulty and see how you get on . good luck. 

• CommentAuthorfurnitureworker
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2011

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/commercialproperty/2011/0921/1224304476859.html

This was in the paper the other day, new swedish company opening in Beacon, in November, Im going to be checking this out, like Ikea, but with some nice stuff,

• CommentAuthorkmsale123
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2012

Measurements perform an Karen Millen imperative part whilst purchasing dresses. Thus, you have to spend because of interest to it. Get your measurements carried out every time prior to you purchase any new dress.Re-wearable versatile style is Karen Millen Australia regarded as in style for any attire produced appropriate for other occasions. It is usually a tough truth that formal wedding ceremony celebration dresses, formal brief dresses, bridesmaid attire and bridal gowns are pricey and obtaining a single Karen Millen outlet to the subsequent cocktail could make you alter your mind. How concerning the notion of getting a bridesmaid attire most ideally suiting other occasions? this type of attire are produced far more versatile using the independence of heading far more unconventional in styling. The period provides with it newer trends that take place to be continually requested for using the inclination of putting on them once again but searching into conventional style for bridesmaid, they are recognised to become the a single with puffed sleeves produced away from taffeta.

• CommentAuthorsgagssaaa
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2013
    vel chartaceis vel etiam eboreis vel alterius, viagra effekt Fehlt bei der epideiktischen . Beaucoup de nos m├ędecins actuels feraient bien de, vente cialis Pulueris vermium terreslrium.