•  

Search Our Forum

• Search:

Welcome Guest

Join in, share your ideas and have your questions answered. Discuss anything to do with your home. You can even buy and sell second-hand or used furniture. To post a message or reply, all you need to do is join our community. If you already have an account, sign in now.
    • CommentAuthorAnnabell
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2006
    I have a number of pine kitchen doors that I want to paint cream, I have bought Crown Cupboard paint. Has anyone used this paint? and if so do they have any tips on how to apply it? Thanks
    • CommentAuthorRichard Moyles
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2006
    What is the surface of the doors you want to paint? There may be a number of different ways to do this depending on the doors that you have. Richard Moyles
    • CommentAuthorAnnabell
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2006
    They are Pine doors and I have crown cupboard paint.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Moyles
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2006
    Without seeing the paint I reckon that paint is for use on existing doors that are prefinished. Mainly to renovate existing doors. If that is the case it should be straight forward. Check the hinges you have as you should be able to take off the doors easily by unscrewing one screw in the central section of the hinge. If the doors has no finish, you can appply a sanding sealer to seal and prepare the surface for additional finishes. Thanks, Richard Moyles

Add your comments